Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday walk

At 10:00 this morning, I answered a knock at the door.  There was Thelma laughingly saying "This is your conscience knocking... are you ready to go walking?"  So walk we did.  I think she said we walked two miles, but we did take a break to go through the craft show in the community center.  What a neat lady Thelma is and what a tremendous life story she has.

I met Bob and Rose this morning, also, at the craft show.  They've been married 65 years.  So cute.  They were one of the first three couples at this park back in the 80's.   They boon-docked in the mud here.  They've watched this whole resort develop.

I also met Sunny today.  She and her hubby once owned a Corgi, as did I.  They're from Washington, Spokane area.  We had a really nice visit.

And then there was Emmy across the street.  Born in Germany, now a long time American citizen who wishes she could lose her German accent, for which I chided her because it's part of her unique identity.

Don and I just took it easy this afternoon.  I was sort of expecting Snookie to come over from Quail Run, but then I got an email from her.  That girl hardly knows whether she's coming or going... so busy being activities director over there and doing a great job at it.  She got her start on a great team with Bruce and DeAnn last year. 

We're planning to go over to Quail Run in the morning after we get out of church here.  Hopefully, we will get over there before their church is over.

Arizona is pretty happy about their Cardinals winning tonight and going to the next level in the playoffs.  I am a fan of Kurt Warner... well, maybe a fan is a strong term.  I just like him as a person and admire him as a family man.

Choir warm-up starts at 8:00 in the morning, so we'll turn in early tonight.  Tomorrow is Sunday.

No comments: