Friday, January 2, 2009

First full day at Sunscape

Up and at'em!  Don was out visiting with Roger from across the street when I came out to go to choir practice.  Roger stated that he was headed to choir practice and would I like to ride with him in his golf cart? Of course, I would.  Everyone here... well, almost everyone, has a golf cart.  I'm regretting leaving my bicycle in Norman.

When we get to the community center, the line dancers were just finishing up.  I learned that beginner's class is Monday morning at 9:00.100_1286 Choir practice was great!  Sopranos, altos, tenors, bass.  They sounded wonderful and we had about twenty-five there this morning.  Everyone was so nice and I can't wait to get to know them better.  Linnea is our choir director for special music.100_1287 Eileen plays the piano and her husband, Walter, leads the worship music.  I learned some new, awesome songs this morning.Eileen After choir practice, nice Mr. Roger showed me where both laundry facilities are and also gave me a tour of the activities center.

While I was at choir practice, Don was in "hawg heaven" walking around visiting with folks.  He hasn't had a chance to do that in three months!  He met lots of really friendly people this morning.  Everyone seems really excited that we're here.

When I got back to the Quantum, I needed to go do our laundry, but Don couldn't stand it anymore... he wanted to go over to Quail Run and see who we could see of our friends from last winter.  He'd already received an email from George & Jo and he wanted to go see them and others.

The first person we saw was Bob Quinn.  I was so disappointed that Snookie was out of the park getting the park newsletter printed.  It was great to see Bob, though.  Next, we stopped at the Miller's and visited with Don while waiting for JoAnne and Pam to arrive.  We got all caught up (almost) with them.100_1290 We also saw Billee and The Peacock briefly. And park manager, Jeannie.  It was wonderful seeing the few we got to see... felt like going home.

When we got back to our 5'er, there was a card in the door... Jo & George had been to see us!! while we were gone to see them! OK, we're home now, ya'll can come back to see us! :-)  Really sorry that we miss ya'll.

Going to our street.100_1296

I finally got to do our laundry while Don went to a Steering Committee meeting.  For a while, I had the laundry room all to myself.  $1/wash; $.75/dry (for 45 minutes) 100_1300

Guess what?  We got to have a date night tonight!  Don took me to Mimi's for dinner.  I had the Mahi Mahi pistachio crusted in lemon caper sauce with steamed veggies and a baked potato.  It was to die for!  Don had a salad and the spicy seafood pasta and it was good, too.  Afterwards, we went over to Target to replace our hair dryer that bit the dust.  We're in the market, also, for a laptop, but just haven't found a really good one for a really cheap price, yet.  We may be looking for a really long time. :-)

Wow, we're tired.  Don is now watching the Sugar Bowl... what's that I hear???  Correction, Don is watching the back side of his eye lids.

It took me about two hours to get my post published last night because of the limited air signal here.  We learned today that we are right in the middle of a circle of about four AT & T towers, which means that we are on the outer edge of each one of them.  The signal here is very weak and comes and goes... mostly goes.

Count it all joy.

And that's Day One at Sunscape RV Park and back in Arizona.  A very good day.

Update:  1/5/2009 - purchased new laptop and have found that the air signal is stronger in the bedroom... I'm working like crazy to get caught up.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey YOU! I was thinking about you tonight and wondering how life in A-Z was. Apparently, for Don it's all "Zzzzzz"!
What about those dance classes?! You've got to take them -- gotta keep up with Mama Trudy!!
Great to hear you've started out well there ... can't wait to hear more!

Mrs. Monty said...

So glad to hear you have settled into your new park. I knew you guys would fit right in. Glad to hear you found your new laptop just fine. Enjoy Arizona.