Thursday, August 21, 2008

Catching up on blog reading

Over at Wendy and Rick Fury's blog I read:  "And both Liz and I forgot to take our cameras. Liz noticed a dead tree that she would have loved to take a picture of for LaVon. Acutally she would have gotten 2 dead trees in one shot. Sorry LaVon. We were wondering how you got so interested in the dead tree pictures to begin with. Let us know."

I really don't know, but for as long as I can remember, I have loved trees, wood and anything made out of wood.  Dead trees just seem to have so much character.  Usually, the ones standing alone catch my photographer eye as they make such a stately statement.  Green trees are pretty, but dead trees or naked winter trees allow us to see all the interesting shapes of the limbs.  I love how the limbs grow upward as though they were praising their Creator.  Wish I had a really interesting story, but I don't.  It seems that I've just always loved trees.

Oh, yes.  I do have a tree story... When I was growing up there was a huge pecan tree down in the creek bottom with a long branch that grew low, curving down to allow me to climb onto it from the ground and enjoy climbing in that big old tree.  Most of the time I would just sit on it like I was riding a horse and bounce up and down... when I was supposed to be picking up pecans to sell for Christmas money.  Somewhere, I'm sure my mama has a picture of that tree.  Forever, I have a picture of it in my mind.

Bob Higginbottom had a birthday on the 18th!  My how time flies when you're having fun, huh?  Liz got her computer back.  Yeah!  Being without a computer is what withdrawals are made of.

Barb and Darrell are roaming around waiting for a storm to produce some work for them.  Be careful you two.  Have you left the pool with the Tiki Bar in the middle of it, yet?

Snookie finally posted a brief note to let us know that she's so busy she doesn't know whether she's coming or going.  We're praying for you to get well from that nasty pneumonia.

Shelley & Bud have had a wonderful summer with family and friends and are still playing golf.  And Shelley's got monkeys and butterflies hanging around her blog.

Bruce & Deann have been to a wedding.  She last posted on the 8th.  I'm sure you guys are enjoying this cooler weather as Cathy & Jack are.  So are we!

Sharon and Tom report that the hot weather has reached them in Oregon, less the stifling humidity.

Niece, Tammy, has been on local sports TV, proudly talking about the Mill Creek little leaguers (11 year olds) who made it all the way to the Little League World Series in South Williamsport, PA. 

Among other things, we're still enjoying the Olympics.  I'm expecting our lady gymnasts to be gaining a couple of extra gold medals when the committee determines at least one of the Chinese gymnasts is not old enough to be competing in the Olympics.

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Caught up on your blog today. Don't know where my time goes. When are you guys leaving Branson? We will be back there October 11 - so thought we would try to see you then. Have a good week.