Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Purvis, MS to Bossier City, LA

The Magnolia trees planted all along the highway, are beginning to bloom.100_0306

Crossing the Big Muddy.100_0307100_0309

Sure wish I could remember where we were when I took this picture.  I must remember to take traveling notes.  It’s not the Mississippi and it’s between Vicksburg, MS,  and Bossier City, LA.  That should narrow it down. Thinking smile

100_0310

100_0311

Stopped for the night in Bossier City and had dinner with Jimmy and Lucy, friends we met our first summer in Branson, MO.  Did I take pictures of Jimmy and Lucy?  That would be a NO.  Did I tell you that my brain was fried fatigued?

But I have a picture of our truck with the U-Haul trailer, taken from our room window. How special. Disappointed smile100_0312

Jimmy drove us out to their house in the country and showed us around their son’s place.  We met their daughter-in-law, Jenny, and their three beautiful grandchildren.  Again, do I have pictures to show for it?

All I can do is report that it was very good to see Jimmy and Lucy and to see that Lucy is doing well after her

(I admit it. I can not watch this video.)

She still has some paralysis on the left side of her face and she has a difficult time chewing, but she’s in good spirits and she still has that wonderful laugh and sense of humor.  We all continue to believe God that she will be back to 100% within the year.

Here’s a picture of Lucy and Jimmy that I borrowed from her FaceBook photos.  Her hair is very short now, due to the surgery.image

No comments: