Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"What the world really needs is love."

[Update:  for a perfect example of the following, read Sunday Is Coming for this week, after reading this post.]

from The Path Beyond the Gate by Ann Smith.  [Click on the title to go to the website where this book may be purchased.]

100_4336

The two pages entitled "What the world really needs is love" is so pack with truth that I really had a hard time deciding what to quote... it's all so good, but what I landed on will cause you to wonder what she said before and what she said after:

"I then started saying, 'God, will you teach me how to love?' Realizing that this was within the realm of possibility, no matter what my limitations were, was a wonderful experience."

The New Testament is all about loving others and this chapter helped me realize that no matter what I may think my limitations are, I can love.  With God's help and Christ in me, I can love.  There really are no boundaries to our love, except those that we set in place by our lack of faith and lack of desire to be obedient to God 

The prayer for God to teach me to love also comes with a warning.  For that, you have to read the book.

I'm off to Ladies Bible Study. 

Have a glorious day!

No comments: