Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Life is like being on a trapeze"

from The Path Beyond the Gate by Ann Smith...

100_4334

Ann Smith writes, "Life is truly like being on a trapeze.  It is both frightening and exhilarating.  I may laugh when I say it, but I am convinced that God calls all of us to be trapeze artists."

The area that I relate to being a trapeze artist is in letting go of one stage of life and grabbing hold of the next... going from a place of comfort and things familiar to not knowing what's around the next bend.  Only God can help me have the wisdom to let go of one stage and trust Him with the next part of our journey and yet maintaining the much needed connections of family and friends.  Juggling and trapeze - life is a circus, isn't it?!  Living by faith is what I call it.

Ann Smith sheds much light on the trapeze artist in all of us.

1 comment:

Stacie Gail said...

I love this post. We are creatures of habit and do not like being taken away from our comfort. It is so nice to know that Jesus is our ring master!!!