Friday, December 11, 2009

What a week....

and it ain't over.

Monday, we went into Casa Grande for lunch.  Neither of us felt like cooking.  It was raining and cool, not a bad thing.

100_4241

Took a few pictures on the way home.  Here's an alfalfa field that is growing again after the last cutting.100_4244

The nearest mountain is obscured by haze.100_4245

Kind of a nice photo taken while going down the highway.100_4246

Bales of cotton waiting to be taken to the gin.100_4248

Horses.  You know me, I photograph a horse every chance I get.100_4249

Okay, that was Monday.  Not a lot going on, but I did manage to take a few pictures.

Tuesday, Don didn't feel his best. Not much going on.

Sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, something happened.. started "going on," if you will.  A stomach virus showed up at the Q, attacking me first.  I will spare you the ugly details, but will just say I felt like I was going to die.  Yes, I realize I am a light-weight when it comes to pain, but I was really sick, wretched even, all day... with fever and aching all over, in addition to the stomach wretching issues.

I missed Ladies Bible Study.  Thelma filled in for me.  Thanks to the prayers and baking soda water and the Aleve, I was all better by seven o'clock Thursday morning.  Amazingly.  Don was so sweet and felt so helpless while I was so sick.

Now it's Friday.  It's a beautiful day.  I left for choir practice before Don was out of the shower.100_4252  After choir practice, happy to be feeling so much better, I walked down to say "Welcome back!" to Donna and Carl, who had arrived on Sunday afternoon, but due to the rain and being sick, I had not seen them yet.  They were sitting outside in the sun behind their rig.  It's so good to see these dear friends from Kansas.Donna Sorenson is here!!

When I got back to the Q, Don was in his chair.  He had walked up to the club house, but didn't stay out long.  First clue that he wasn't feel good at all.  Stomach hurting.it's Red Shirt for the troops day.

See, I'm all better.  And it's "show your support for our troops by wearing a red shirt" day.100_4256  

With the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service fast approaching, I did a lot of printing music and programs and delivering it to Thelma. 

On the way back to the Q, I stopped in to see Toma and Jim's new floor in their park model.  Toma, at my insistence, laid out the strips she has made in the process of  creating a new southwest quilt for their bed.  It's going to be beautiful! 

Toma's quilt in the process

We've also been on the phone quite a lot today with prayer requests from several folks.

Well, it's 11:50 PM and my sweet husband is soooo sick and I feel so helpless.  He's had fever and stomach issues all night.  He finally agreed to drink a little soda water because I assured him it would come right back up, hopefully bringing the "bug" with it.  It came back up, but he's not feeling any better.  So if anyone is reading this at this late hour on Friday night, thank you for your prayers for him.

I went searching for a scripture to pray for Don and found Isaiah 58:8 -

8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
       and your healing will quickly appear;
       then your righteousness will go before you,
       and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Now, go ahead and try to convince me that God doesn't have a sense of humor.

I'm claiming this one, also:  Psalm 41:3 (Amplified Version) "The Lord will sustain, refresh, and strengthen him on his bed of languishing; all his bed, You [O Lord] will turn, change, and transform in his illness."

Psalm 119:50 (New American Standard Bible)

50This is my comfort in my affliction,
         That Your word has revived me.

Praise the Lord!!

Oh, yes, I almost forgot.  Our electric water heater stopping working tonight, so I switched it over to propane and now it's heating the water.  Wonder what that's all about?  I sure don't have a clue.

We are so blessed.  Lord, help us to be a blessing.

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Hope Don is feeling better and you two are always a blessing to us. We love you for that and we thank God every night for that blessing.