Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shop 'Til I Drop

First, Happy Birthday to Dennis Maloney, General Director of Christian Resort Ministries, International.  We pray you have a great day, Dennis!!

My husband woke up in a shopping mood this morning.  I think the body-snatchers stole him for the day.  The good Lord only knows how badly he needed to go shopping for clothes.  Don has several pair of khakis that need to find a new home in the trash and now he has three new pair to replace them.  And a new white shirt to replace the very old one with a few blemishes.  He has been wearing a tie the last few Sundays and I think the Christmas season has him in the mood to dress up, so we found a new tie that he liked, on sale.  In fact, everything he purchased today, including a new belt, was on sale!  We did good.

We also had fun finding SpiderMan stuff for Uriah from the Home of Hope Christmas tree up in the Club House.  And we couldn't pass up the opportunity to get this five year old a Beginner's Bible.

Next stop was several stores where we were looking for congregational candles to be used at our Christmas Eve Candle Light Service.  Didn't find any, so I ordered them from Mardel.com tonight.... free shipping!  Yeah!  (I searched CBD for the candles, but was surprised they don't carry them.)

Okay, back to the shopping marathon.  We went to three grocery stores because Don had found things on sale he wanted at each.  It's been a long time since he could buy bulk meat on sale and divide it up when we got home to go into our 'new' small freezer.  He was so excited.  "Strange man," she said with a loving smile.

I think we found one of Bob Quinn's long lost cousins out here in the West, a traveling horseshoe-er (it's my blog).100_4223

We started at 9:30 this morning and got home about 3:00 PM.  My 'dogs' were 'barking!!'  Speaking of 'dogs,' I found a pair of black shoes on sale at Kohl's.  Would you believe that I didn't have a pair of black shoes, except sandals or flip-flops.  Usually, that suffices, but it's getting rather cool for sandals on Sunday morning.

For those who shop regularly, I'm sure this post is just "riveting," but for us, it was fun and much needed.

Lorraine and Dennis arrived back in the park this afternoon, following her receiving a kidney transplant.  She's doing great and looks wonderful.  Praise the Lord!!

I guess I needed a "beatin'" so we called Rick and Wendy to come over and play Spades.  Gals were thoroughly thumped by the Guys Punks, three games to one.  Well, at least half of our group enjoyed themselves tonight.  Yes, it was a sacrifice of love... we let them win so they would continue to play with us. (cough, cough, cough!)

Counting it all joy, we are so blessed.

PS - Click here to read the CRM Newsletter 2009 Year End Focus to learn more about Christian Resort Ministries, International.

Also, as you use the convenience of shopping online, REMEMBER to use our CRM site to access Christian Book Distributors as CRM receives a 5% tithe for items ordered through OUR site.  You must access CBD through CRM’s web site to send the 5% credit to CRM.

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Caught up with your blog today. Sounds like you guys have been busy as usual. Loved your pictures of the roses!!

Peggy & Bill said...

I, too, had to buy a pair of black flats. I had heels & cowboy boots & that was it. Yesterday wasn't really a "heels" day for our Snowbirds Christmas party so I wore my "boots". Didn't look just right with what I wore, but, hey, it was way too cold for flip flops!