Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"God is committed to me"

You've heard the description of a particular book often as a "coffee table book."  The 10" x 10" book by Ann Smith, The Path Beyond the Gate, is a perfect coffee table book, not because it looks pretty and will decorate the coffee table, but because it intrigues you to pick it up and read it.  It's contents are life enhancing.

"Do you think of your life as a wonderful journey?  Ann Smith does.  Join her as she relates some discoveries she has made along her path. (84 years) Travel the road with her and uncover truths about becoming a trapeze artist, being real, embracing both pain and joy, celebrating every day, and making sure your shoes are on the right feet.  And remember:  This is only the beginning.  The journey beckons on beyond the gate!"

100_4360

Gloria Gaither writes of Ann:  "If we take the glimpse she gives us, not only will we be more life-wise, we will be sent off on an expedition of our own, ultimately to find that even Ann has a huge, more fathomless Source, and this is what, in the final analysis, draws us to anything she has to share."

Each subject is so full of profound wisdom that I only read one a day in an effort to absorb and meditate on each topic fully.  I want to share this journey of "The Path Beyond the Gate" with you, giving you only a tiny snippet each day to whet your appetite to get your own copy of this wonderful book of twenty one devotionals from the life of Ann Smith.... for your coffee table.

100_4332

100_4333

"Not only is God committed to my journey, but God never gives up.  I love the scripture in which Jesus, in talking to the disciples, says, "Before this night is over you will all desert me.  But when I come back to life again I will go to Galilee and I will see you there."  Before they even failed, he was planning for beyond the failure.  If that is not good news, I don't know what good news is.  Talk about commitment!"

Reading this causes me to think about my commitment to God, and then I realize that I am not even able to be committed to God had He not first been committed to me.  I could not give my life to Him had He not first given His life for me.  I could not live for Him today, if He was not alive today and everyday!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Thanks for your help with my blog regarding the picture. I did what you said and it worked great...thanks.