Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful for Thursday and things within

As we were leaving the park headed to Don's doctor appointment, the Sunscape Hikers were gathered and getting ready to go hiking.Sunscape HikersThe VA Clinic is occupying new office space in Casa Grande.  It's really nice.100_3882Don was telling me to "c'mon."Casa Grande, AZ VA ClinicInside the waiting room.Casa Grande, AZ VA ClinicDon saw Dr. Tilben, a very nice lady physician.  Don's blood pressure was high, which we knew it would be.  Dr. Tilben said that could cause his heart to palpitate and of course, cause headaches.  She adjusted his BP meds and wants to see him again on the 30th.  I enjoyed chatting with Dr. Tilben as she has three dogs that she enters in agility events at the AKC shows.  This is Harlee, one of her two Corgis.  Harlee is white, blonde and black... a very unusual color combo for the Corgi.  The next show is Nationals the third weekend of March in Tulsa, OK.

Dr. Tilben's Corgi, HarleeFrom the doctor's, we went to Arizona City to John and Margie Cartwright's for coffee with friends that we enjoyed a couple's Bible study with last winter.  It was so good to see the friends again.100_3887Gary Cyphers, Don, John Cartwright, Bob, Jim WitherspoonCheryl Witherspoon and Cheryl CyphersJan

And for the lover of the rose:

Don and I stopped at the city park because my camera just needed to capture these beautiful roses.  How amazing!  All different color roses on ONE  bush.all on one rose bush100_3899Don't mistake this for pink... it's pastel lavender.roses in the Casa Grande city parkYellow roses always make me think of the state where I was born.100_3901100_3904 100_3905100_3907100_3903100_3910100_3912100_3914100_3916100_3917100_3918100_3919100_3926Green grass and huge trees in the park in Casa Grande.100_3929

I am following the blog of a young friend, "My Journey to Becoming a RockStar," and would like to share just a snippet of her wisdom with you today.  Stacie wrote:  "I am just amazed at where I am today;  Psalms 37:4 says "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart."  I have finally learned that this does not mean that God is like this heavenly Santa that will give me everything on my list.   What this means is when I align my desires with God's, I become content with what I have and the life I am living.     What a great place to be!  It has taken a while to get to this place, and I never want to go backwards.  Life is not perfect and it never will be; however, this is the life God has given me and I'm blessed beyond words!" 

Well said, Stacie, well said.  You are blessing and and encouragement to me.

We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Peggy & Bill said...

Your rose pictures are gorgeous! I'm so glad your camera called out to you! I also love the new sunset picture! You are giving us bloggers a run for our money! You go girl! I love your blog! Hugs to you & Don both! God Bless!