Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Masterpiece from Horizon to Horizon

I haven't posted in a few days.  Not much going on.  We made some visits to ailing residents.  On Saturday, this is what I found when I stepped out of the Q with my laundry... a dust storm!  This was not here earlier.100_3739

After lunch, the dust settled and it was once again beautiful, so T and I got our eight miles in.  It's also warming up again after a couple of days of cool.

Sunday was great!  Don's message was so good.  The Holy Spirit was present and as one man stated, "I just wanted to run up and down the aisles, shouting."  I'm not sure where he's been worshipping before he got here, but I'm happy he enjoyed worshipping with us. 

We were invited to Barney's for lunch with about thirty others.  Thankfully, it's a buffet, so we all got seated and were enjoying a good meal pretty quickly.

Sunday afternoon, I rode first, alone, without being prompted by anyone... eight miles.  Aren't you proud of me?  I had been back at the Q for about an hour when "my conscience" knocked on the door, so guess what?.... I rode six more miles with her.  That's a total of fourteen miles for Sunday!

Monday, a day of rest for us.

Tuesday, there was a park meeting in the community room with the manager.  Don went.  T and I rode our bikes, skipping the meeting.  Glad we did.  We were mentioned in regard to almost running over someone in a golf cart with our bikes...  the manager!!! Oooops.  We'll catch that stop sign next time.  Hey, I slowed down and looked both ways.

Tuesday afternoon, I rode (in her car) with T over to Eloy to visit with the superintendent of schools there about a volunteer program for those in our park who are interested in encouraging at-risk students.  It was a great meeting... she was very receptive and eager to have volunteers.  Volunteers will need to be finger-printed and a background check done.... $65/each.  We'll cross that "bridge" when we have volunteers.  Thelma is a retired Michigan teacher who loved her job, and the student that is assigned to her will be blessed beyond measure.  We want the community around and outside of the church here at the resort to miss us if we are ever not a church here anymore.  (Does that make sense?)

While I was gone, I missed Abby on The Ellen Show this afternoon.  I was upset until I found it today on YouTube... just the part Abby is in.  I love what she said about seeing her family again one day.  (don't forget to mute my playlist before watching this video)

Now it's Wednesday.  We went to Casa Grande and found a portable ice maker on sale at Target.  We've been looking for one for over two years.  Yeah!! No more buying bags of ice!

It's been cloudy all day, so I knew the sunset was going to be beautiful.  As the sun was setting, I walked around the cactus garden click pictures in the dusk.  I just love this miniature.... 100_3746 ... upon closer inspection... what are those holes in the top?  Oh how cute!  Salt and pepper shakers!100_3748I must ask Toma what kind of tree this is.  It has dropped it's beans all over the ground... 100_3753 .... only a few beans, you see.mesquite beans... just a few The sun is setting... right on cue.100_3764I love the glow of the setting sun on the cactus garden.cactus garden in the dusk cactus garden at duskcactus garden at dusk100_3788 

.... and then I turned around.  Oh my!

The sky was on fire!!!

I have done nothing to these pictures... no editing. Most of these are toward the east, northeast and southeast.100_3790From second to second, the clouds and sun painted a new picture.  Enjoy.the sky is on fire100_3791100_3793Is this not amazing?!~100_3792100_3794100_3795100_3796100_3797100_3798100_3800100_3801100_3802100_3803100_3805100_3806100_3810

I apologize that this post is long.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.  Wish you were all here to witness The Master Setting the Sky on Fire.

"And all these things will be added unto you."  We are so blessed.

~*~*~*~

Worry is like a rocking chair — it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
— Dorothy Galyean

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

WOW!!! What great pictures! You do have a way with the camera. Keep it up.