Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday stroll

Don, waiting for me to join him for a walk this morning.  He's very patient with me, while I put on my shoes, grab my camera and my cell phone.Don, waiting on me to go for a walk

It was a beautiful morning and there were many folks out enjoying the day.100_3973

When we walked through the Club House, Millie Boone and helper were getting The Sunscaper ready for delivery.  Millie has been the editor of the newsletter for at least ten years and does a great job.Millie Boone (right) getting The Sunscaper ready for delivery

There's a tree up for the kids at Home of Hope in Casa Grande.gift tree for Home of Hope children

Naomi and Bob have a trichocereus that has been blooming for three days.  That is very unusual as they normally bloom for one day and then the bloom closes and falls off.  We enjoyed visiting this couple who have been married for sixty years.  Bob has a collection of model cars and Naomi has a collection of angels.Naomi's trichocerus is blooming in in Nov. for the THIRD day!

Naomi also has a collection of odd cactus plants:

Gummy Bears.Gummy Bear cactus

Christmas Tree?looks like a Christmas tree to me

I don't know what these are?more of Naomi's patio garden100_3984

The Old Man.  I call it Grandpa's Beard.the Old Man

This bloom opens in the afternoon.  I must go back in the afternoon to get a picture.100_3988

I call this a Lighted Flag Pole.  a lighted flag pole!

We never know what we will find while walking around.  I found gifts for our girls at Nancy's, down the street, who had a table set up at their site with these cute "popcorn" tops for sell.  She had spaghetti strap ones and...

missed this one for Leslie, got the black, blue and silver

tank tops and...100_3992

short sleeve ones.100_3993

Today has not be a good day for the University of Oklahoma sports teams.  Both football and men's basketball teams lost on the road.  At least the women's basketball team won today, but we didn't get to watch that game.

In between games, Dale and Carol, the new CRM chaplain, who arrived Thursday at Quail Run, dropped by for a visit.  What a lovely couple from Washington.  We look forward to spending more time with them.

We've had another run of folks in and out of the hospital around here this week.  Thankfully, most are back home.  However, our good friend, Jo Becker, is scheduled for hernia surgery on Monday.  Prayers for Jo will be very much appreciated.

Notice there is now a link in the sidebar menu for Don's Audio Sermons, for your convenience. 

Besides the delicious vegetable soup that Don made for dinner tonight, that's about all for this Saturday.  We are looking forward to another wonderful morning of worship in the morning.  Please join us!

~~Isaiah 43:2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you."  The Lord watches over us, even when we don't fully understand the perilous nature of our condition.  Thank goodness for His daily protection!

Though come what may from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over me.  Clyde Heathcock~~

No comments: