Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gratitude

DAILY VERSE
Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.

Psalm 136:26


DAILY QUOTE
Blessings hemmed with praise will not unravel.

Anonymous


DAILY THOUGHT

Mother Teresa told the story of finding four starving people on a Calcutta street. She told the other nuns with her to take care of three of them while she attended to the one who looked to be in the worst condition. They got them back to their clinic and Mother Teresa put her in bed and attended to her needs. The woman took hold of Mother Teresa’s hand, smiled, and said only two words, “Thank you,” before passing into eternity. Mother Teresa was deeply moved and blessed.
In the most tender and delicate moments of our lives, gratitude is often the most precious gift we can give. It affirms; it heals; it forgives. It’s important to remember, though, that we can give that gift anytime. There might be some people in our lives who desperately need it sooner rather than later.
Lord, I pray that You would help me show kindness and thankfulness to someone close to me today. Amen.

2 comments:

Stacie Gail said...

I love your quote - I will be adding to my blog tonight. :) Blessings hemmed with praise will not unravel --- wow -- that is some good stuff! :)

Mrs. Monty said...

Caught up with your blog today. As usual enjoyed it and I feel that I took that walk with you through the park. Love your pictures!! You girls try not to be too rough on Don and Rick in the card games....LOL