Thursday, November 26, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Day

It's about 11:30 AM and we are heading west on E. Sunscape Way.100_4011

Now we are on Sunshine Lane.100_4013

Out my window to the south, a view of the mountains past the fields.100_4014

Past cotton still in the fields.100_4015

And more cotton.100_4016

Even though this picture is blurred, you can still tell how much cotton has been produced.  "They" say this is one of the best years for cotton in a long time.100_4017

We have arrived at the Pruit's for Thanksgiving dinner.  Of course, I had to take a picture of two of their horses.  Daughter, Heidi Pruit, teaches riding lessons.100_4018

Lori Pruit, stirring gravy and Carol Pruit visiting with her.100_4019

Lori has the table ready and it is beautiful.100_4020

Lori is so funny.  There's nothing in this bowl, but she sat it out anyway because she loves it.  It's part of her Johnson Brothers China that she is collecting.100_4022

Lori's mother found eight bread/dessert plates for her.100_4023

Such a pretty Thanksgiving table.100_4024

I took the liberty of roaming around taking pictures of Tim and Lori's beautiful home.  They already have their Christmas trees up.100_4025100_4026

Tim, Don and Tim's dad, Morris, relax in the living room before the meal is served.100_4027100_4028

Heidi's boyfriend creates things as a welder.  Here's a Christmas tree he made out of horseshoes and gave to Lori.a tree made by Heidi's boyfriend

Lori joined me and show me the master bedroom.  Love this suite, handmade in Mexico and purchased in Ruidoso, NM.the Pruit master bedroom

It's time to gather for the Pruit family tradition before the meal.  Tim passed around a small glass dish full of dry corn kernels.  Each person was instructed to take three kernels.  The corn is our connection to the first Thanksgiving.  In turn, each person then tells of three things they thankful for.  However, since there were eight of us and Tim was hungry, we each shared one thing we are thankful for.  It was really nice and then Tim said the blessing and I don't think there was a dry eye after he prayed for our troops who are away from their families and for their families who have an empty chair at their tables.  We have so much to be thankful for.Tim explaining the

During the meal, I put my camera away.  I can multi-task but I preferred to devote my full attention to the wonderful meal... out of respect for the cooks, you understand.

Heidi makes whipped cream for the pies, pumpkin and pecan.Heidi making whipped cream for the pumpkin pie

The lovely Lori preparing plates for us to take home with us.  Don was feeling sorry for himself because he wouldn't have any left-overs and Lori must have read his mind.the very lovely Lori Pruit, our hostess for Thanksgiving dinner

In the kitchen, Tim whispered to me, "Get your camera ready."  And then he gave Don this "1/4 cup" of coffee to go with his pie.  Tim just brought Don a

Morris and Carol Pruit.  Yes, Morris talks with his hands.  He's a preacher, too.Morris and Carol Pruit

In the front yard, there were about a dozen quail at one time.100_4038

Another creation by Heidi's boyfriend.  This chair was really comfortable and it rocked.100_4041

After a great time of food and fellowship, Don decided it was time to go so Tim could take his afternoon nap. (wink, wink).

There home is almost completely surrounded by cotton fields.Arizona desert valley cotton

Back home, watched a little football.  Well, Don did.  I took a nap in my chair with the laptop in my lap.  This was taken right after I woke up.  sun has set

Poor Don.  This is what he looks like when I have slammed the screen door in his face.  Well, of course, I didn't know he was behind me, I was still half asleep.  I really didn't get the cutest face he made.  So sorry, hon.this is the way Don looks when I have slammed the screen door in his face.

Sunset from the cactus garden.sunset

The moon at sunset.  The sun has set on Thanksgiving Day 2009.Thanksgiving moon at sunset

We were apart from family today, but we sure enjoyed the day with friends.  Thanks, Pruit Family, for including us.  To all our family and friends, we pray you had a wonderful and grateful day.

Thank You, God, for the freedoms we still have.  We are so blessed.

No comments: