Saturday, November 10, 2012

Update from friends, Debbie & Richard working with Sandy victims

[Please pray for our friends, Debbie & Richard Weston as they work in the aftermath of Sandy.]cat fireplace

Good afternoon everyone, just wanted to give you an update on our little journey here.  We are still in Cream Ridge, NJ but will be leaving in the morning to head to PA since 99 % of our clients are up near East PA., and Richard is driving about 2 hours to get to the location every day, and then not getting back home until 8 or 9 at night.  We will be going to Pocono Vacation Park in Stroudsburg, PA.  Of course this is not a vacation but sure is different from Texas.  People are nothing like I expected for NJ actually very nice considering what they have been through.  This is really heart breaking, and there are thousands of people who have not had electricity, water, heat etc for almost 2 weeks.  As I speak to them I am truly humbled at how they are reacting to this disaster.  And when my brain feels like it's fixing to bust open from all the computer and phone activity I just sit back a moment and tell myself this is going to help them get their lives back in some sort of order.  There have been some really touching phone calls one example Richard was speaking to a women that had not had any power for 11 days and as they were speaking her power came on and she just burst out crying with, tears of joy I am sure but none the less very moving to both of us how often we take things for granted in our cozy little homes, until we don't have it anymore, or even for a short while.  Total strangers opening up to us on the phone and in person when Richard meets with them.  But even through all this as we work we sometimes get a little humor as I did yesterday when a client was listing all the things that were destroyed or damaged and he mentioned his invisible dog fence was destroyed, now I didn't laugh out loud but I promise I giggled inside, and no I didn't ask how he knew I just wrote the notes.   Well suppose I have rambled enough we have a mandatory meeting tonight about an hour away from here.  Well we just got our power back on PTL, it's been off since snowball fightWednesday night when the snow storm rolled in, but we at least have a generator and our furnace works off 12 volt, just had to be careful with water as all we had was what was in our holding tank, because there on wells out here and no electric means no water.  I just stunk a bit waving cat , saved the showers for Richard since he was actually meeting with the people.  

 

Okay, well, gonna let you go, hope all is well and if I don't hear from you Have A Blessed Thanksgiving. 

have a great day Debbie

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans that I have for you;

declares the Lord, plans for welfare

and not for calamity to give you a future

and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me

and come and pray to Me, and I will listen

to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when

you search for Me with all your HEART.

No comments: