Monday, November 12, 2012

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday Randomness

Friday, Nov. 9

Who knew that I really love iced coffee?  I didn’t until just recently.100_5083

I’m reading a very interesting book. At 63, I decided I would try to figure out what my strengths are. 100_5085

Finally found the unit, yesterday, that I’ve been looking for to replace the round plastic table at the end of our couch that always seemed to stay cluttered and piled with “stuff.”  Now “stuff” is neatly tucked away in the canvas bins and cubby holes. Great buy at Big Lots!  I had fun assembling it, too.IMG_1666

Jack, Kathy, Elaine and Larry came to see us today!  We had a wonderful time catching up.  Chef Jack brought Don a delicious Strawberry/Rhubarb/Pecan cake.IMG_1676

Elaine & Larry.IMG_1675

Saturday, Nov. 10

Don and I took a walk around the park this morning as it’s Patio Sale Day in the park.

Chuck and Louise have one of those nicely painted dishes.100_5086

This old Texas girl had to stop and take a picture of this beautiful Yellow Rose. 100_5087 100_5088

Painted milk can, not for sale. 100_5091

Funny sign, also, not for sale.100_5092

Don is anchoring our rope lights.100_5093 

I know. I know.  It’s not even Thanksgiving yet.  But… I found this today and there was only one of them and I was afraid it would be gone if I waited to get it.  Wonder where I’m going to store it after Christmas???IMG_1660

You wanted to see a close-up, right?IMG_1662

Sunset.  Cool front has hit.IMG_1688

Sky over the mountains to the north.IMG_1685

Before going to bed, I always plug up the iPad to recharge it.plugged in for the night

Sunday, Nov. 11

Job half done.  I must have been asleep when I went to bed last night. not plugged in the next morning

Before church, the park had a small Veteran’s Day gathering.        IMG_1693

Peggy read a tribute to our Veterans. IMG_1695

Outside, there was a changing of the flag ceremony.  Now there is a nice, new flag flying in front of the park office. IMG_1700

Each Sunday, we gain a few more in church.  Today, there were 28 in attendance to hear a great message from Psalm 150 about “Praising God.”IMG_1701 IMG_1702

Don, also recognized Veterans who were in church and prayed for them and their families.IMG_1703 

Monday, Nov. 13

Slowly, but surely, this place is beginning to look like we live here.  Got solar lights and rope lights “installed” this afternoon.100_5099

Should we have visitors in the evening, our steps are now well lighted.100_5098

During night, we had quite a bit of wind and we wondered if the awning was going to stay attached to the Q.  Today, we attached hooks to the awning anchors instead of just having it tied there, making it very difficult to unattach, should we need to roll in the awning quickly.  We feel much better about having the awning out now.

No comments: