Saturday, January 21, 2012

A blast from the past

I love looking at old pictures.  These are of yours truly.

January 1953, taken near our home in west Texas.  I loved our neighbors dog.  Looks like he liked me, too.  I was a tall 3 1/2 year old.100_0282

I have absolutely no recollection of why I wore this jackrabbit suit.  I do know that Mama made it and it was for something at school. There’s a lot of starch in those rabbit ears!  I think I was about eight years old here.  Strange what you remember… I remember Mama telling me to hold my hands up like a rabbit when she took this picture.

100E0291

Moving on to my junior year of high school when I was sweetheart of our local riding club.  Mama made this western outfit of gold and cream lame’ and the blouse was cream colored lace.  It was beautiful.  My horse, a registered Quarter Horse, named Little Jo Jake.  He and I competed in Western Pleasure classes.  He was so easy to ride.100E0290

No comments: