Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time with the Grand's in Norman

Finally, we got to watch our Lydia play volleyball with her 7th grade team.100_3466

This is her mom, LaNae, made over. 100_3471-1

Lydia’s hands look just like her mama’s and she even holds them the same way when at the net.100_3472

100_3481

Good picture of Lydia and her friend, Lilly, in the background.100_3488

Hooray for the Cougars!  A win goes into the books for Lydia’s team.100_3489

After the game, we took Lydia and Blaine to the Golden Corral for dinner.2010 Sept 28 Lydia and Blaine-1

Growing up so fast.100_3493-1

At the game, LaNae had told me that Lydia has decided she is not going to play basketball this year.  On the way home from dinner, I asked her about that and she confirmed what LaNae had told me.  I asked her if she never wanted to play basketball and she said that she did want to play, so I explained how she would be losing a year of skill level if she skipped this year and that was something she hadn’t thought of and it made sense to her, so she changed her mind!!  Yeah!  Lydia’s going to play basketball.  She’s a little concerned that she will never match up to her mom on the basketball court, but I think she has the potential to be even better.

Blaine announced that he’s going to play basketball, too.  That would be a great big YEAH!!!

  Any American boy can be a basketball star if he grows up, up, up.  ~Bill Vaughn  (and Blaine has the potential to grow up, up, up!)

However, basketball player Isaiah Thomas said, “If all I'm remembered for is being a good basketball player,   then I've done a bad job with the rest of my life."  Amen.

No comments: