Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello?

Don rolled the awning out this morning to allow it to dry after the wonderful rain we got yesterday and this morning. We were sitting inside, when all of a sudden we heard a noise and at same time, the Q rocked a little. I immediately turned my head to look out the window to see if the wind had picked up.  The trees were perfectly still.  Also, immediately, Don jumped up to open the door to see what was going on with the awning.  A travel trailer had very quietly pulled in next to us, in our very narrow site, and the corner of the travel trail had clipped the arm of our awning.100_2574

The curve of the travel trailer allowed it to just lift the awning arm and not bend it or rip it from the Q.  Thank You Jesus!100_2575

Poor old man was clueless.  He didn’t even realize he had hit our awning as he was more concerned with getting up the incline into his site.100_2572  He said to Don, “I made it!!” and “You can leave your awning out, it’s not in my way.”  Really? 

Thankfully, there doesn’t seem to be any damage to the awning arm, we hope.

It’s cozy here.100_2573

Early this evening after the sun had set, I looked out the galley window and Branson, down in the valley, looked so pretty, so I grabbed my camera to see if I could capture it.  100_2558

With the help of the zoom lens on my camera, to the left you can see part of Celebration City, which is now closed.  A fact that we are lamenting because they had fireworks every evening after 9:00 PM and it would have been beautiful from this vantage point.100_2559

The golden arches of McDonald’s next to the Wal-mart parking lot can be seen just above and between the stacks of the “Titanic” on 76.100_2563

There’s the red tower at one of the outlet malls.100_2566

Of course, the pictures do not do justice to the view. It’s quite a vista.

2 comments:

Norm and Lori said...

Hi Don & LaVon,

Wow, that is very, very, close - your awning and your new neighbor's trailer! We are sure praising God, that nothing was broken or damaged in the collision. God is good all the time! Praising Him that you are all okay, and so is your awning and 5th Wheel. Love you and miss you, LoPo

joelfloto@yahoo.com said...

I'm not sure but I think I would have parked my truck in the open space and let him come get me. Awnings aren't cheap but like you said God is watching and taking care of you!!!