Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ironman

Branson was the site of an >>Ironman<< competition this morning.  Before I got up, Don heard voices outside, so he went out to check it out.  He heard the national anthem being played down at the Chateau and the invocation and the horn that sounded the beginning of the Ironman competition.  The men started first and two minutes later, the women were signaled to jump in the water for the 1.2 mile swim.  About 8:30 AM, I walked the few steps to the highway from the Q with my camera. 

I don’t know how many contestants there were, but here’s a list of names of all of them.  There are two Aussies, one Brit, several Canadians and one who left his country blank but his name is Juan.

It was really foggy this morning as I took picture after picture.100_2955100_2957100_2963100_2968

One young lady had a malfunction in our driveway.100_2970

If one biker was approaching another to pass he/she would call out, “passing left!” or “passing right!”100_2972

The last stragglers came by about 9:00 AM.  I don’t envy them climbing these Ozark hills.  No siree.     

No comments: