Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tammy! and First day at Sunscape

First, Happy Birthday to my favorite niece, Tammy!! (Who was born when I was a senior in high school.)  Tammy is the beautiful lady between her two oldest children, Emily and Ben.  (Sorry, Aly. You must be the photographer.)A pictureThis is a favorite shot of Tammy and her grandmother, Mama Trudy... two peas in a pod and loving it. Mama and Tammy

~~     ~~     ~~     ~~

Two hour time difference from two days ago and my body still thinks it's in Texas.  I woke up at 4:00 AM, after a great night of rest, got out of bed at 5:00 AM, was showered and dressed by 5:45 AM.  I may just maintain this schedule and shock the whole world.

I know you don't believe that I beat the sun up, so here's proof. 100_3514

Don and I took a walk before the heat arrived and boy did it arrive later on today... 108 degrees, a record breaker for this day. (Love you, Babe!)100_3518

I was thrilled to find color in the cactus garden after our walk.  From a distance, this bush looks like it's on fire!100_3526

Pomegranates and the birds are having a feast.100_3528

I heard Don talking to someone outside, so being the curious nosy person that I am, I went outside to see our landlord, Jim!  We just love he and Ellie.  Ellie is away at a girls' weekend, but will be home tonight.

Since Don's first Sunday to preach here will be next Sunday, we called Rick and Wendy, who are over at Quail Run, and invited them to meet us at Trinity Baptist in Casa Grande for church. 

On the way into town, I started looking for my favorite dead tree in this area.  Where is it?  OH NO!  my favorite dead tree in the area!  oh no!

After church, we joined them for lunch, of course.  Don, Wendy and Rick Rick and Wendy have had a very rough two months with the passing of his dad and we are glad to be near them again.

I just can't believe my favorite dead tree is gone.  Where will that hawk go?where will the hawk go?

This afternoon?  Naps and staying in out of this record breaking heat.  Got the blog up to date and watched a little football, in between naps.  Spent a little time on Facebook. 

Don talked to daughter, Stephanie and we are rejoicing that she and grandson, Logan, were both baptized today... by her husband, Rick, which made it even more special.Logan and Steph We sure would Logan 2009 Football tackle2have loved to have been there, more than going to any football game Logan will ever play in.

 

 

 

 

We also had a visit of one of the ladies here.  It's just so good to see folks again.  More and more people will be arriving starting next week.

We are so blessed.  Wish you were here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I feel a bit like a celebrity today!! It was a great weekend!

Mrs. Monty said...

Glad to hear you have arrived in Arizona, safe and sound. Stay cool and tell Rick and Wendy hello for us.