Friday, September 11, 2009

Grandparents' Day and Hippos

Today is Grandparents' Day at Emma's school.  She invited us two days ago and was very excited to see us when we arrived.  She's the one with her arms stretched out toward us.
As her class goes, single file, to the lunch room, you can pick her out.  She's the tiny one in the brown blouse, in front of the girl in the pink.
 
We were happy to see this poster hanging on the wall in Emma's school.
And here is where a school official told me that, due to privacy issues, I couldn't take pictures inside the school.  What?  Ok, so I put my camera away and we went into the lunchroom to have lunch with our Emma, where, to my surprise parents and grandparents everywhere were taking pictures of their sweet little ones.  I complied and left my camera in my purse, but I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that we did not get our picture made with Emma on Grandparents' Day.  I know, LaVon, get over it.
Tonight, we went over to Hutto, Texas for dinner at The Texan Cafe.

Can you tell that Emma had blueberry pie for dessert?
This is the store window for All Things Hippo, the mascot of the Hutto schools.  Go thundering Hutto Hippos!  Funny, isn't it?  Don't you wonder where they got this hippo skull?
This hippo is decorated with dragonflies and admired by Camden.
The kids loved all the hippos on display on Main Street.  This one is life-sized. Poor guy is missing an ear, no doubt lost when a child was trying to "ride" him.
And yet another hippo, more their size.
Friday was a good day, other than Camden falling our of his chair at the Texan Cafe and getting a bump on the back of his head.  But he's tough.
We are so blessed.

No comments: