Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cream of Potato Soup=Comfort

Lately and more regularly, Mama Trudy has been nauseated when she gets up and moves around, like to the bathroom, which is about the only place she’s been in about four days. Tonight, she requested homemade cream of potato soup made from the mashed potatoes we had for lunch.

“I would love to make you potato soup, Mama, what do you want in it?

“A little, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, thyme, oregano, and black pepper.”

So, after assisting Mama to the restroom and back to her chair, sick to her stomach, I went to the kitchen I go.

We had about 1 1/2 cup of potatoes left, which I mixed well with about 3 cups of milk and a heaping teaspoon of flour that I mixed to smooth in a little milk before adding to the soup.  Next, I added a dash of each of the seasonings along with a little more salt.100_0572

I promise I presented the bowl of soup and crackers very well on a plate to Mama.  It’s 8:30 PM and she still hasn’t eaten any of the soup she requested.  Poor thing just does not feel like eating.  Under protest, she ate a cracker and took her meds.  When she feels better, she will eat soup

I added a little shredded cheddar cheese to mine.  Yummy.

Update: At 8:40, Mama said she was ready to eat.  She did.  About a half cup of potato soup.  She liked it.  And I’m thankful she ate something.  She feels better. 

Potato soup is comfort food.

No comments: