Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brother goes home

Yesterday, Monday, we had to wait for the street repair crew to finish pouring cement before we could leave Stephanie's.100_2366We were able to leave around 8:30 and had a nice trip back to the "Q." 

At 3:45, brother Jon and I took Mama to her doctor's appointment.  The doctor said that she would call home health with a recommendation that they check on Mama two or three times a week.  She has to wait until they call her and come for an interview.  Afterwards, Jon took us all out for dinner at Ted's.

This morning, Don and I were up at 5:00 AM.  I know... you can't believe I was up at that hour.  Anyway, we were at Mama's by 6:15 to take Jon to the airport.  Just hugs, no tears.  At least not while we were there.  She wouldn't allow me to take her picture in her robe. :-)6:17 AM - Jon saying goodbye to Mama At the airport, I got a picture of my preacher brother, Jon, and my preacher hubby, Don.my brother, Jon, and my hubby, Don - the preacher boys at the OKC airportJon moves so fast, I almost didn't get a picture of him going through the doors.and he's headed to the gateAs we were leaving the airport and to prove that I was up before sunrise, here's a picture of the sun coming up over OKC.sunrise over OKCAgain, the hint of the rising sun through the trees.sunrise through the treesAnd again, the same sunrise.sunrise

This afternoon, Don and I attended the life celebration of a dear friend who went home to be with his Lord on the 21st.  He was a wonderful, sweet, Christian friend whom we loved very much.

Tonight, to celebrate how good Mama felt, she wanted to take us out to dinner again.  This time we ate at Cheddar's.

And to prove that the earlier pictures really were the sunrise over OKC, here's today's sunset picture, from Norman. sunset, same day

I also have to add a few pictures of our Emma's first day of kindergarten.  She was so excited to be going to school and her mama did pretty good, too.  I can't believe she will be six in a few days.  When I talked to her tonight and asked her how her first day of school went, she enthusiastically said, "It was great!!" Don't you just know that teaching this precious girl would be a joy?Emma first grade2Emma first grade1Emma first grade w Dad

We are all so blessed.   

PS.. Late phone call from Mama Trudy told of Jon's wife, Carolyn, stepping on a long rusty nail today and spending most of the morning in the ER getting the nail pulled from her foot and shoe and also getting a tetanus shot.  This all happened while Jon was in the air going home to her.  Prayers for speedy healing for her, without infection, will be appreciated. 

No comments: