Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Family of God

P1010123

This morning as I admire again the Doodle Art that Dawn Dukes Lewis created for me, different parts of it begin to “speak” to me.

First, when I showed the work of art to Don, he immediately found the birds head, which I had missed.P1010122-001

For me, this beautiful cross section of a tree represents the Cross where Jesus Christ gave His life for me. The center looks like an Eye, which tells me that God, my Father, witnessed the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross and His wrath against Sin was satisfied forever for all who believe. See Romans 8.P1010122-002

The circle here reminds me of a ball of yarn or crochet thread and that reminds me of my precious Mama who is now in Heaven with Jesus and Our Father.P1010122-004

This reminds me of the song:

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

P1010122-005           Luke 12:24 – Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?

And this takes my heart to my youngest granddaughter, Emma, who adores giraffes. Notice the position of the row of eyes. This tells me that God is continuously watching over my grandchildren. Thank You, Father.P1010122-006

This symbol represents two things to me. At first glance, it reminded me of the Christian symbol of the fish which reminds us to be “fishers of men.” Upon closer examination, it reminds me of a ribbon and that reminds me of friends who have dealt with or are currently facing cancer which turns my heart to pray for them. P1010122-007

I love the big heart that Dawn seems to believe I have, bless her heart. This reminds me to guard my heart for what flows from my heart has a ripple effect and my prayer is that only good thoughts and actions flow from my heart. The trickle of all the smaller hearts and all the hearts within the big heart represent all the wonderful family friends that God has blessed me with.P1010122-008

In the above position, the object that looked like a bird when horizontal, now looks like a knot in a wooden board or log. Have you ever wondered why God made trees when He knew His Son would die on one?

And the Bible, open to Romans 8, reminding me what my life in Christ should look like. And The Three Nails… oh the blessed story of those Three Nails. I love how Dawn used the white space here to draw the focus to God’s Word.  P1010122-009Do you see the word “Cali” hidden just above the Bible? This reminds me to pray for Dawn and Cali, who is Dawn’s beautiful granddaughter.

As I mat and frame this beautiful labor of love, I am sure it will speak to me in many more wonderful ways in the future.

As a favor to me and a blessing to Dawn, please “Like” her FaceBook page: Be One Creations

If you are looking for unique and original artwork for yourself or as a gift, check out Dawn’s Etsy page. For only $15, you could be the owner of a creation that will never be duplicated.

And speaking of Big Hearts…. there is no heart bigger than one who would create a work of art from her heart for someone she has only “met” on FaceBook? I love her.

There’s no family like The Family of God.

No comments: