Sunday, March 3, 2013

In remembrance of Me…

OK, I am even a little amazed at how much better (thinner) I look.

After church today, we gathered with a few friends at a local pizza place for lunch. Some of the best fellowship is experienced around the table. Wouldn’t you agree?

We also celebrated the Lord’s Supper at church today.

Maybe we are missing the true meaning of eating, in general.

Jesus said, “when you break bread, remember Me.”  So, wouldn’t that translate to thinking about, talking about, celebrating and adoring Jesus while we fuel our physical bodies, hence, also fueling our spirits?

Luke 22:19 And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

Please don’t misunderstand me. I totally understand that Jesus Christ wants us to always remember what He did for us on The Cross.

I’m changing the focus of the “blessing” before my meal from this day forward.

No comments: