Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday’s here!

I have been very remiss in sharing with readers about the churches we have attended while traveling this summer.  I will try to do a better job.

But first, I will share a few pictures with you that I took this morning.

As I looked out the galley window of the Q this morning, I saw a gentleman sitting at a picnic table several feet from our site.  I immediately thought of the caption: “calling home” and went for my camera.  By the time I got my camera focused through the blinds, and was just about ready to click… gentleman laid down on the bench and made himself comfortable.gentleman talking on the phone at Country View Ranch RV Park, Ogallala (taken from the galley window of the Q)

Don is ready for church and waiting for me, while he visits with Todd, the owner of the Country View Ranch RV Park and Campground.  Todd is so nice and personable.  He was really upset that Don didn’t call him when we got stuck at the lake Friday.  He said he would have come pulled us out with his jeep!  So nice. Todd left the corporate rat race in Denver and purchased this park in 2005 and has thoroughly enjoyed his new, less stressful “career.”In his element: Don, waiting for me to go to church and chatting with park owner, Todd.

On our short drive to church, we crossed the South Platte River.  This pretty much tells the drought story here.South Platte River, Ogallala, NE.  A testimony of the drought they've endured.

Church was a blessing this morning.  We are so encouraged and blessed to visit churches across this country and witness the love of Christ Jesus we all have in God’s Family.  We were very impressed with the ministries of this church.  Pastor Eric Wait preached a super message from 1 Cor. 12:1-26 entitled “The New Testament Method of Growth.”  His focus was on the development of their Small Group ministry, which Don and I are big fans of.

New Hope Worship Center.  People were warm and friendly.  Music lead all to worship the Lord.  Sermon was “spot on” and Biblical.  Very encouraging and challenging.New Hope Worship Center

Thank you for this body of Believers, Lord. Bless them with favor in this community and around the world as they actively participate in missions.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

joelfloto@yahoo.com said...

I really like going to different churches and listening to the different preachers. Never found a church that wasn't friendly, so more so than others though.