Monday, October 3, 2011

One order of brains, please

I have now entered the Smart phone world. With the two $50 rebates we got back from Don’s ‘free’ phone and mother’s ‘free’ phone, I got a Smart phone for ‘free.’  I don’t know how that works, exactly, which should be the first clue that I don’t belong in the Smart phone world.Smile with tongue out

The beginning of a love-hate relationship.

My new phone has an auto-correct feature when typing a text message.  It’s great.  I love it when my large fingers hit the wrong key and the misspelled word is corrected automatically for me.

On the other hand, I hate it when I am trying to type a proper noun and this confounded thing keeps changing the spelling.  There’s a story behind how I learned this was happening and how I learned to proof-read my text message before clicking “send.”

Braums sign

When we arrived in Norman today and got all parked and set up in the RV parking section of the county fairgrounds, I texted my daughter, LaNae:

“Yay! We are within walking distance of Braum’s!!!”  (An Oklahoma-based ice cream and hamburger establishment.)

LaNae read: “Yay! We are within walking distance of Brain’s!!”

LaNae’s reply:  “Great, Mom! You better start walking now!!”

Braums store

No comments: