Thursday, October 6, 2011

Knowledge & Understanding

Is there a difference between knowledge and understanding?

Consider Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Knowledge is reading this verse.  I read it. Now I know it.  I will recognize it the next time I read or hear it.

However, when the focus of my knowledge moves from “I can” to “through Christ,” that is when I begin to understand.

A more complete understanding occurs when I experience, personally, the truth of that verse.  In other words, I will never fully understand the verse until I experience the strength I have in Christ to do everything He calls me to do.  And I will never experience that strength until my focus is on Christ and not on myself. 

Jesus Christ is the provider of my strength.

What was the original question?

No comments: