Place a check mark beside some of these practical things you can focus on in order to refocus your mind when it begins to wander into negative territory:
- Meditate on a Bible verse
- Sing a praise chorus to yourself (or out loud)
- Quote Scripture you have memorized (Hint: ones in this study are excellent to start with.)
Memorize Isaiah 26:3
“You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
- Thank God for your blessings
- Pray phrases to God such as: “I give my mind to You, Lord.” “Use my mind for Your glory, God.”
- Pray with God-given authority to resist Satan.
- Keep your mind actively engaged and challenged, not allowing it to just drift.
- Remove temptations that you know will lead you down the wrong paths (inappropriate music, movies, TV, conversations, words, etc.)