Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 5 - February 22 - Lent - Revive Today -


Matthew 6:16(HCSB)

How to Fast

16 “Whenever you fast, don’t be sad-faced like the hypocrites. For they make their faces unattractive so their fasting is obvious to people. I assure you: They’ve got their reward!

By Grace, today I will fast from food because my fullness makes me uncaring to others’ emptiness. Today I will hunger in solidarity with the starving and I will be famished for Jesus as my Living Bread. We repent of our full plates while every 3.6 seconds another person stops breathing because they’re died of hunger, died of an empty plate.

Update: I failed, also.  I had company in the failed department.


We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).

No comments: