Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day 2 - February 19 - Lent - Revive Today


John 15:1-8Amplified Bible (AMP)

1  I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.
Any branch in Me (believer; saved; born again) that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away) (fellowship with the Lord ceases); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit (oh, what a wonderful place to be).
You are cleansed and pruned already, because of THE WORD which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].
Dwell in Me [stay in My Word], and I will dwell in you [My Word will stay in you]. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine [staying in The Word], neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me [stay in The Word].
I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me [stays in My Word] and I in him, bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] [away from My Word] you can do nothing.
If a person does not dwell in Me [stay in My Word], he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers [without The Word, we are in a coma]; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire [get ready, you're going through the fire, discipline], and they are burned [and it hurts].
7 *****If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] [stay in My Word] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.****
When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.


John 1 Amplified Bible (AMP)


In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.


By Grace, today I will fast fromperfectionism because it’s akin toPharisiasm. Today I will not holdpeople or myself to a standard ofperfection—but let us all be held byJesus’ arms of grace. We repent ofwanting to be seen as perfect insteadof abiding in Your Perfect Love—YourPerfect Cross-Shaped Love.



We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).

No comments: