Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 1 - February 18 - Lent - Revive Today


Acts 3:19Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord;
I'm going to look at this backwards, last part first:
It is impossible to be revived and refreshed by the presence of the LORD until my sin is forgiven.  My sin cannot be erased until I repent.
LORD, I repent (as You reveal to me) and thank You for cleansing my slate and for the joy of Your Presence.
By Grace, today I will fast from the arrogance that my repentance was a one time event when I first came to the Cross, when in reality repentance is a continual event for those who never leave the power of the Cross. Today I will have the courage to face my sin and own it, because I look into the face of Christ and He owns me, cleanses me, and remakes me. We repent of ever thinking there would be revival without repentance, of thinking You would heal our land without us getting down on our knees.


We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).

No comments: