Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday December 23, 2007



Today consisted of two church services, an open house and a long phone conversation with Mama.

In worship service this morning, the Quail Run ensemble sang a couple of Christmas songs as practice for our Christmas Eve Candle Lighting service tomorrow night. Yes, I'm singing. You know the old saying, "If you don't use it, you lose it."... well, I think I've lost it, if I ever remotely had it. God help me, I refuse to be intimidated by an object as small as a microphone.

Don preached a wonderful sermon from John 3:16 intitled "The Greatest Gift Ever Given." It was a very beautiful take on the most memorized verse in the Bible. There were moments when it seemed everyone was hanging on every word he spoke and then there were moments when there seemed to be more squirming going on than usual.

Home to the RV for a sandwich. Then we walked around the block (outside the park) with Nancy & George Reid to Margie & John Cartright's open house. They have purchased a regular house. As Snookie says, they went from Wheel Estate back to Real Estate. Cute, huh. Margie makes regular trips down Nogales way over the border to a Mexico orphanage. Teen-age Gabriel came home with them for a visit their last trip down a few days ago.

We are meeting some really great people here.

Tonight, Nancy & George rode with us to the Community Christmas Service at the Arizona City First Baptist Church. It was well attended, but not as well as the Community Thanksgiving service. Special music was tremendous at this service, however. All were blessed.

Mama and I had a really good phone conversation tonight. She needed to talk and I pray she feels better now. I assured her that I'm only a phone call away and she assured me that she is actually feeling quite well... not sick... doesn't need anything. Said she is ok about me or my brother not being there during Christmas. She will spend Christmas Day with LaNae, my daughter and her family. I think she is actually doing better about Christmas than I am; this being my first Christmas away from my mother, my girls/son-in-laws and my grandkids. Trying to "count it all joy" but I sure do miss them all. I could go into more of our phone converstion, but I just don't want to put some of what we talked about into writing. Just know that it was good and I pray she felt validated and perspective returned. Of course, afterwards, Don & I talked and he assured me that we would go home to her the minute the need arises. Mama knows that, too.

For fun, the park is having a Christmas decoration contest for the RVs and park models. Here's Snookie & Bob's 5th wheel. They hail from Delaware, btw. Help me Snookie!! The pictures are at the top and I don't know how to get them to the bottom of this post!! ps.. 12/26/07 - Snookie came over and gave me a few pointers. WaaLaa... pictures in the correct place:

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Yay! You did so good! I'm glad you're in this sphere of communication--maybe I'll keep up with you better than I do e-mailing!
PS--when I read "Snookie", I want to say, "Schnookie"! acchhh.

Leslie said...

Oh heavens...Mama's got a blog! It's great, Mom! I know realize how behind I am on my own blog. We love you and miss you terribly! Merry Christmas!