Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Today was a busy day. I started the day doing laundry while Don went to the Monday morning men's devotional/prayer time in the Oasis. Violet is one of the park hostesses and she is delightful. She and Melvin hail from North Carolina.









Violet took this pic of me ironing my blouse for tonight.

Violet said I need to say a prayer for Charlie.

While our clothes are washing and drying, I'm running around taking pictures for today's report. And getting drinking water at the Waterin' Hole. Time in the laundry room is always a social event. It seems God always provides someone to be there at the same I am who needs encouragement. Don and I are always blessed by these "devine appointments."

The Cantina & Laundry Room.



The UPS truck arrived while Don had given George a ride to get his propane tank refilled. We received a Christmas box from Stephanie and family. It seems that gift cards are the thing this year from family and we love it!! Steph also sent her dad the new cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld, "Deceptively Delicious"

With laundry finally done, we head off to Casa Grande to buy groceries. Don has found a grocery store that he loves here. I also needed to pick up some small notebooks for our music tonight at the Candlelight service. We ate lunch at JB's and I had a chance to get a call in to my daughter, LaNae. I pray that I will always be a good at validating my children as they are at validating me. Thank you, LaNae, and thank you for being there for Mama Trudy while Don and I are doing this ministry.

Speaking of ministry, after I got in a short nap it was time to get ready for the Christmas Eve Candlelight service tonight. It was tremendous and such a blessing to us. Turn out was excellent with almost 100 in attendance! I have added a few pictures and hopefully will have more pictures to share when Snookie downloads her pics. Since I was part of the "choir" I didn't have time to take pictures during the service. We got all dressed up and everything!




After refreshments and social time in the Cantina, Don and I played cards with new friends, Dave & Darlene Sutton from Jonesville, Michigan. Darlene and I have been very successful at beating the guys, but tonight.... the tables turned.














Don has had his pre-bedtime nap and has headed off "upstairs to bed and if I don't go to bed, Santa won't show up, so good night.... not a creature was stirring ... not even a mouse.

No comments: