Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dec 27 2007 - brain still on holiday

Tuesdays & Thursdays are line dancing days. I don't know what made me think that there would be no line dancing lessons today, but that's what I thought, so I missed the class and the 55 minutes of really good exercise and laughs. It's ok though. Since I got up a "little" late, I would have missed my devotional/prayer time with my wonderful husband, had I gone to line dancing class. I know you are just dying to see pictures of that.


Afterward, Don and I went to visit Frank and Helen Maguire. He promised to write our Christmas Miracle report for this blog. Stay tuned for the rest of the story. Frank & Helen will be leaving around the first of the new year. They will be greatly missed. Besides becoming really good friends, Frank plays the keyboard and leads worship for us every Sunday. Pray with us regarding his replacement. Big shoes to fill... he's very talented.

Rick and Wendy Fury were out winterizing their water line so we stopped and visited with them. They invited us in and we had a good time getting to know them better. They are a few of the young'uns in the park. We look forward to spending more time with them in the future.


New neighbors arrived across the street this week. We haven't met them yet, but I think I am going to like Kathy. We have a love for pink flamingos in common.








Lyell has and eye for decorating as well. I wonder if he is making a statement of some kind. '??' A weakness I have: always over analysing everything. (wink) Maybe we will meet them tomorrow and find out if he carved that wooden boot himself. If he did, I'm going to suggest he carve Kathy a flamingo to add to her collection. I love this life!!!

I haven't made any comments regarding today's weather, but it was really cold again this morning and really windy all day so it never seemed to warm up a lot. Dave and Darlene invited us over to see pictures they took yesterday while sightseeing. We played cards for a while since it was too cold and windy to do anything else. Yeah! The girls were champs today.





This evening was spent watching Texas beat ASU in the Holiday Bowl and talking to my brother on the phone. Then Don's sis called to let us know that his mom had been taken to the hospital via ambulance tonight. She has been having stomach problems since coming home after her knee replacement surgery. We haven't heard anything more so we are trusting that being in the hospital has taken care of any emergency that may have been present. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Two comments:
1) GREAT memories (and pictures, too) of Mama Trudy line-dancing at Tom and Erin's wedding.
2) LOVE the wooden boot! That's pretty awesome.