Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

As Don and I sit here eating a piece of delicious pecan pie and drinking a cup of "pretend" coffee, we are reflecting on the day. Even though we both have our own set of emotions and feelings to deal with, we are so grateful for so many things. Our family, our life together, and most of all our current and eternal walk with the Lord.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I greeted the day with a phone call from my oldest daughter, Leslie. It was absolutely delicious to hear her voice and the words "I miss you." And then there was my 4 yr. old granddaughter on the phone: "Hi Nonnie. You know what? Grammy's here and she brought me a bicycle and I can ride it all by myself. and Nonnie, you know what? ....." I love it. I continue to push the thought out of my mind that Grammy is there with her and ... I am not. Not that I wish Grammy wasn't there, but that I was there, too.

Next was a phone call from my beautiful mother. Awww, there's another only too precious sound to my ears. I am grateful beyond words for my youngest daughter inviting Mama Trudy to go to their Christmas Eve service with them and then to spend the night with them so she would be there this morning to watch Lydia and Rocket open their gifts. She will eat lunch with them as well. By afternoon she will be exhausted and ready for her "beauty nap."
Lydia talked to me and told me all about their morning. She assured me that she misses me. If I put all the words in this post that are running rampant in my heart right now, I know a flood gate would open that I would spend all night trying to shut it. I have done so good so far not to cry.

We lazed around until it was time to go to the Quail Run Christmas Dinner. I love being here and the people are great and we've made many friends, but today, my heart's just really not in the social mood... so I pasted on a smile and walked up to the Carnaval Room hand in hand with Don. The food was delicious. The Christmas decorating winners were announced and YEAH!! for Snookie and Bob next door. They won the prize for the best decorated RV.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am having a pity party. I'm really not, I just miss my family plain and simple and that's ok.

I'm not adding pictures to this post because, would you believe it, I'm having trouble with the Kodak software. Hopefully, later.

And just before I signed off... LaNae, my youngest, called me. It's amazing. My day is now complete and I'm smiling. I've talked to all my kids and my mama. And I've read my nieces blog about their Christmas.

Love and hugs to all!!


1 comment:

Tammy said...

My dear, sweet, sad Auntie--

I loved reading your 'blessings' and while I know you're counting them, I also know the longing in your heart. . . because I felt the same ones for a while yesterday. Oh, of course, I thought I was fine. But then, Mom called. At first, I was inconvenienced because Emily and I were finishing up watching a movie. As we talked, however, I could hear the gang in the background having fun while Mom recounted everything they had done and eaten and the games they had played. As she passed the phone to my daddy, I couldn't keep the tears from coming. Acchhh! I wish I didn't do that. But then, I wouldn't be me if I denied the emotions! So, knowing my daddy as we both do, you can imagine that we cried a bit together and he said, "bless your heart"! Then I talked to JP, Sammy, Timmy, and Kim. Around and around we go.

I was very content where I was--in my own home, with my fabulous family. But there's a pull elsewhere as well. . . and I guess that is another blessing to count.

Love you. "Chin up and all of that."