Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Greater?

Daily Promises
Blue Letter Bible
January 2, 2013

 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!(John 14:12)

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit allows the believer the privilege of greater works to honor the omnipotent and loving God. How sweet and wonderful is the life of the believer who trusts in the risen Savior. Simply having the faith of a mustard seed allows us to do wonderful things for the glory and honor of Christ. Not only will we have the power to do the wonders of Christ found in the New Testament, but we also will be able to do other incredible miracles. As believers, we will see God's goodness and greatness in the work He does through us. May all glory and honor go unto Him forever and ever.

Meditate on the reality of this promise.

Father, help me grasp this truth and stand upon it, always for Your glory.

No comments: