Friday, July 13, 2012

What did God say?

We met Stephanie, Rick, Taylor and Logan at Hideaway Pizza this evening for dinner.  I believe that was the best pizza I have eaten in a long time.

Before we left to meet them, it begin to rain and rained for quite a while, even after we got to the pizza place.

Yes, it rained today and afterwards, there it was. 

A beautiful rainbow.

The thought came to my mind as I took pictures of the double rainbow and I asked Don, “I wonder how many people, of all ages, don’t know what the rainbow represents?”

The story of the rainbow and the ark was a story we heard in Sunday School, but if we took a poll among elementary age children today, I wonder how many would actually know what God said about the rainbow after The Flood that destroyed all but eight people from the face of the earth and all living creatures except those He saved on the Ark built by Noah, according to His specifications.

double rainbow

Genesis 9 (NLT)

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

100_1410

Thank You, Father, for seeing the rainbow today and remembering your everlasting covenant between Yourself and all living creatures.  I do love it when You use the word “everlasting.”  Only You could make and keep a promise like that.

No comments: