Saturday, January 31, 2015

Girl Day

My daughter, Leslie, presented me a wonderful opportunity to spend the day with my two girls and two granddaughter as we met in Dallas for granddaughter Lydia's volleyball tournament. Emma said, "Yay!! We're having a Girl Day!"

Two precious cousins, our granddaughters, little Emma and Lydia.


Lydia was ready to play, but due to an ankle injury two weeks ago, her coach determined that she wasn't back to one hundred percent, so she didn't want to risk her re-injuring her ankle again. We were disappointed not to see her play, but also thankful.


What a blessing to be with both my beautiful daughters at the same time.  I am so proud of them.
 Leslie, me, LaNae

Leslie's friend from Kaufman, friends since kindergarten, came to see us at the tournament.  What fun to see Stephani and her daughter, Jordan.  Here's Les and Steph...


Another high school friend, Laura Walker Holmes, with her daughter Kennedy, came to visit us.  She played summer league basketball with LaNae.  I can't believe that we didn't get a picture of Laura and Kennedy!

What a fun day and I am grateful to God for the time and for safe traveling.



We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21).

No comments: