Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pat Moody update

I just received this update from dear friend, Heather regarding her “mum.”  Thank you for your prayers for this family as they travel through this valley.

Apologies for not emailing individually but time taken up caring for Mum.

For those who don't know, we couldn't bear to put Mum in a hospice and not be with her 24/7, so she's home and Dad, my brother Ian and myself do shifts in being with her.

Thanks for your prayers and concern.  Mum wants to get this valley of the shadow of death over with.  She isn't used to having everything done for her and is bed-bound, extremely tired and weak, and looks very depressed.  It is hard for me to see her like this and a blessing on the rare occasions she gives a laugh or smile when you see her eyes light up a little.  She "came alive" when I told her I was getting my hair cut, as this has always been a thing between us - what to do with my hair! and she always readily gives her advice about it!

She hasn't eaten for a couple of weeks and her drinking, recently insatiable for some reason, is diminishing.  Many times I don't know what to say to her.  I never imagined I'd want to see Mum's life end, but it is selfish to want to hang on to her now.

I'd really appreciate your prayers for her to stop worrying about us helping her and her being a huge inconvenience.  Of course it is not true and we try to convince her it is our privilege after all she's done for us.  Also, please pray the Lord would miraculously give her joy and encouragement and a very real sense of His presence - perhaps reveal Himself to her in a dream or something.  She has a very bright future but the wait is unbearable for all of us, and takes its toll on us all.

I want to say that even Dad has recognized and declared "divine intervention" from Mum's church - her wonderful, truly Christian in word and deed, friend Margaret, who has allayed the overwhelming prospect of where to start with a funeral (she knows a Baptist family with a funeral directors), and she has assured us that her church family will be delighted to arrange and hold a Celebration of her life at the church.  This is a huge weight off our minds.

Dad has been so overwhelmed, confused and depressed and it is my continual prayer he will cast his care upon the Lord and realize the peace, hope and joy that comes from trusting Him.  Thank you for praying the same.

God bless, everyone has been wonderful.

Love, Heather.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  Isaiah 41:10

No comments: