Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tomorrow is Sunday

While Don drove in to Casa Grande to get the fluids changed in the truck, I talked to Mama Trudy on the phone and rode my bike. 

Now I fully intended to ride eight miles and get my heart rate up a little, but as I was riding, I suddenly decided to go see Barb Steiner.  When I got to Barb’s, she was having trouble getting her printer to print their return labels, so I helped her and we got her labels printed.  As they were printing, it occurred to me that the Lord had sent me to Barb’s (she was getting quite frustrated).  It might seem like a bold statement … “The Lord told me to go to Barb’s house,” but it’s not.  I’ve given my life to Jesus Christ… not just my heart, but my life.  It’s not my life anymore, it’s His life in and through me, so when my plans change suddenly, it’s no stretch of my imagination to determine that it’s from the Lord.  I’m pretty excited about this revelation.  You would think I would have realized this before now, but I’m a slow learner, I guess.  Therefore, if you want to hear the Lord “speak” to you, give your life to Him. Or another way to say it:  if you want to go to Heaven, give your life to Jesus.  It’s the most satisfying life on earth.  Out of the clear blue, I was able to help a friend, all because my life belongs to Him and He loves and cares for us both.  Everyday is exciting.

Of course, I have my camera, so here are today’s pictures.

I don’t know the name of this cactus, but it has the strangest tiny flowers.100_2673

9:35 AM – one flower.100_2674

Just so whimsical.  Looks like he’s watching Jim walk away.100_2675

Jim is feeding the birds.100_2676

Ok, I just love this little guy. (remember FROG stands for Forever Rely On God.)100_2677

What a clever birdhouse.  No birds building a nest in there yet, though.100_2678

Lime blossoms and they smell good, too.100_2681

Ocotillo.100_2682100_2683

What are those things attached to the Saguaro?100_2686

They’re buds!!  I’ve never seen this many buds on one Saguaro. If they all open at once, that’s going to be amazing.100_2685

I love the U.S.A.F.100_2689

We met Rick and Wendy for lunch at Duffer’s in Arizona City.  The waitress left our menus and Rick’s had pages missing.  Time to go on a diet, Rick?  We all had a good laugh.100_2690

Bridgette, our waitress.  Bless her heart.100_2691

Rick, you better watch that finger… it might go off and it’s pointed at me!100_2692

Break-dancing on crutches?  Wendy says, “no, no… line dancing is better!”  Don says, “I’m outta here.”100_2693

This might be our last trip to Duffer’s.  100_2694

Just in case you wondered how crops can grow in the desert… irrigation is taking place in this field today.100_2696

After a trip to the Dollar General, we went on over to Rick and Wendy’s for a quick game of Spades, hoping that the girls could win one last game before the Fury’s leave in the morning.  It didn’t happen.  We got beat!  Why am I surprised? 

Back at the ranch park…

Well, the Bishop’s Cap finally bloomed and I missed it!! I checked it this morning and it wasn’t open.  Jim told me this afternoon that is was open, so I rushed over with my camera and this is what I found.  Jim said “not 20 minutes ago, it was open.”  All I get is this:100_2698100_2699

4:49 PM – two blooms.100_2700100_2705

More good-byes… Jack, Kathy, Elaine and Larry are leaving in the morning.  Kathy gave us some of the things out of their refrigerator and Jack gave us two loaves of bread, a rhubarb nut bread and a blueberry bread.  We had a piece of warm rhubarb nut bread with a dip of ice cream tonight and it was AMAZING100_2706

As you make your requests known to the Lord today, pray for:

  • greater wisdom in decision making,
  • the needs of your friends,
  • your activities for the day.

Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
”Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 15:5-6).”

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Think of me when you eat the blueberry one. I love anything blueberry. Miss you guys. We had SNOW today! It was cold and the snow plows were out. We haven't seen plows since we left OH.