Thursday, April 22, 2010

“See You Later” to the Clevelands

As I was getting ready for the day this morning, I heard a motor running outside and voices.  That means someone is leaving, so I grabbed my camera and went out to see who was leaving.  The neighborhood is almost deserted, but there are still a few of us left.100_2929

Jim and Emmi Cleveland are heading slowly north, depending on weather.  Jim is very active in the park and other activities.  One that I know of is that he serves on the board of directors of the Great Lakes Naval Memorial and Museum in Muskego, Michigan, the location of the USS Silversides, the most famous surviving submarine of WWII.  Ms. Emmi is our precious German lady friend, maker of wonderful scarves and coconut macaroons.100_2930

Jim has learned the secret of saying good-bye without tears:  he just tells me that there’s a good possibility that they will visit us in the Rio Grande Valley in the Fall!!  It almost worked, but I did get misty eyed when I prayed with them and when I was talking to her.  Love these folks so much.

Also present, Linda and Alan Greager and Toma and Jim Chesness (with coffee mugs).  The Clevelands’ motorhome is behind them.100_29342010 Apr 22 Jim n Emmi Cleveland-2

A dove has made her nest in Jim and Toma’s golf cart.100_2935

Well, Don felt better early, after perspiring all night long, but by noon he was feeling yucky again and suspecting a urinary tract infection, so off to the doctor we went.  We were right.  We came home with meds and orders to drink lots of fluids.

Saw these Floppy Fluffy Fairy Dusters.  They are available in both pink and red.  Most of the Baja Fairy Dusters seen in landscaping are red and most of the Fairy Dusters seen in the wild are pastel pink.100_2941100_2944

What a pleasant surprise I received this afternoon.  Rose Marie Chapman is “into beads” as her granddaughter says and she made me a beautiful set.  The matched set is pastel pink.  I love them and told Don I need a new outfit to wear them with.  Stay tuned. (wink)  The blue bracelet in the lower left is Rose Marie’s gift to me to gift to someone else of my choosing.  Now isn’t that a wonderful idea?!!2010 Apr 22 Jim n Emmi Cleveland-3

Had a pleasant chat with Lori Post on Skype this evening.  Congrats to Norm on the purchase of his new Harley and to Lori, as she gets Norm’s old Harley… her big girl bike.

Missing all our Arizona friends who have left and praying for a better day for Don tomorrow.  Also praying for several requests that we have received.  It’s a privilege for us to pray with you.

God's love for us is indeed cause for us to give Him our heart-felt praise and adoration:

Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth!
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!
Through the greatness of Your power
Your enemies shall submit themselves to You.” (Psalm 66:1-3)

No comments: