Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Signs, Sunset & Supper

As we were walking to the Smith's for supper (dinner), I took a few more pictures of the Signs of Christmas (an idea stolen borrowed from Snookie). 

Precious Moments nativity figures.Precious Moments nativity figures100_4474100_4477

A very cute lamp lady.creative lamp decoration100_4480

About 5:30 PM... moon over the desert valley.5:30 PM

Sunset clouds.5:35 PM sunset sky

More signs of Christmas. Ms. Lollie loves displaying her Christmas trees and gifts.  Ms Lollie's Christmas tree

Our destination, George and Karen's.our destination for tonight, George and Karen Smith's

They served an appetizer we have never seen or eaten before... pickled asparagus.  We loved it!pickled okra and pickles asparagus

100_4490   George and Karen served grilled steak, salad, okra and baked white sweet potatoes.  Very delicious. 

George was born in Kaufman County, Texas where I raised my daughters.  George was already gone when we lived there.  He met Karen in Pennsylvania when he was in the Navy, on a blind date.  They have a furkid named Shorty who wanted to play a game with me... Catch LaVon's Feet When She Walks... too funny.  Oh, yes, did I mention the chocolate cake and ice cream?

Thanks, George and Karen!  We had a wonderful time.  (I wish I had gotten a picture of Karen planting a kiss on George's cheek in response to Don's "act like you love each other" as they were standing for me to take their picture.  She said, "Oh, I sure love him" and placed a tender kiss on his cheek.  I got a little misty and had to swallow the lump in my throat.  They've been married a long time and still love and respect each other.  What a blessing they are to us.)George and Karen Smith

We are so blessed.

No comments: