Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas

Today is our grandson, Blaine's eighth birthday.  Anyone with a birthday so close to Christmas, can sympathize with him.  He's not suffered or gone without because of it though. :-) 

Happy Birthday, Rocket!!!Blaine 2009

christmasholly5

Folks are bringing us so many wonderful and yummy treats for Christmas, I most certainly will have to double my bicycle time after Christmas.  We are so blessed to be loved by such wonderful people.

Don not only felt better this morning, he said, "I feel good!!  Let's go eat breakfast!"  So we did and then he took me to JC Penney (they're having a really good sale!).  I'm usually not in the mood for trying on clothes, but today I was.  It's a little tricky taking my own picture in the mirror in the dressing room.  I liked this blouse, but didn't get it.  Pants were corduroy and a size too big.  I really liked them, too, but they didn't have my size.  100_4289

I didn't get this blouse either, but I really should have.  It was sooo comfortable and I really liked it plus it was only $15.  What was I thinking?  It should be hanging in my closet right now!100_4293

I did get this outfit.  I've been looking for regular shirt type blouses and JCP had them on sale!!100_4298

Everything I got today is s-t-r-e-t-c-h!! Love it!100_4299

When we walked out of JCP with my new clothes in hand, Don said, "Merry Christmas, Baby!"  Thanks, Sweetie!  You're the best!  Now I have to get rid of a few things out of my closet to make room for the new.

Well, when we started back to the Q, the wind had picked up, a lot, and the dust was blowing.  Something bad must have happened on I-10 because traffic had been re-routed over to 287.  The dust was probably so bad the travelers couldn't see and wrecked.  Sometime people just stop in the middle of the highway and that causes a pile up.  Sheriff's deputies were directing the traffic.100_4304

Traffic was backed up as far as we could see.traffic being re-routed due to a problem on I-10

On down the highway, this truck was right in front of us and we almost lost sight of it in the dust.100_4311

Inside the part, the dust wasn't quite so bad, but the wind was gusting.100_4313

But as the afternoon progressed, the dust got worse.  We can't even see all the way past the cactus garden across the street.  Looks like a sepia print, but it's not.000_0002

That, my friend, is a dust cloud!000_0003

Don got in the kitchen again and made us a pot of vegetable beef soup.  We are so thankful that he is feeling better.  [Look at that beautiful jar of pie cherries someone gave us!  And next to it, a jar of fresh salmon, smoked.]000_0001

A few minutes later, I looked out the window.  Oh, my!!! Where did Jim and Toma's house go???  And then it start to sprinkle rain.  So much for wash job on the truck.  That's rain and dust on the window.where did Jim and Toma's house go???

Trees and houses disappear and then they re-appear.  Awww, there's Jim and Toma's house.... barely visible.oh, there it is!!

Rain and dust... whoever heard of such?  And then the electricity went off and it started raining harder.  Yeah!  The rain is making dust settle.

The dust going east.dust behind us

Before sundown,  the dust had cleared and the rain had left a fresh covering.100_4325100_4326

In a bag of goodies brought to us this afternoon, I found this beautiful Christmas dish towel.100_4328

So, I thought I would create this greeting for you followed by a poem written by a friend of another resident.100_43312

Jesus, the Gift For All

He's not just a baby,

Who was born in a stall

But He's God's only Son,

The Savior of all.

He isn't like Santa,

Showing up once a year--

He loves us so much,

That He always is near.

He has gifts to give us--

He hears when we pray--

So ask Him and thank Him,

For blessings each day.

When we open our gifts--

Like love, mercy, and peace,

Try them on and you'll find

That your joy will increase.

God knows what we need--

From His bounty He shares--

When we use them for others,

They'll know that God cares.

So show His love freely,

Share what God gave you--

His perfect gift, Jesus,

Perfect gift for them, too.

                             Nancy Shaffer 2009

No comments: