Friday, June 5, 2009

Down is the Real Up

I just have to tell you that I am loving this new Beth Moore Bible study, "Stepping Up."

Everyday's study starts with me face down on the floor praying and praising God.  One of the first things Beth said in the introductory DVD was "The way up is down" and it's makes perfect sense when you think about it.  The text of this study is Psalm 120-134 (the psalms of ascent) with Chapter 120 beginning with the psalmist being "down".... "O woe is me" before he begins his ascent (journey up) to Zion (Jerusalem).  Hence, we begin each day "down," as in face down, on the floor (for those who are physically able and thank God I still am).  It's been tremendous.  Today, in the sweet place of "down," the Lord spoke to my heart, mind and spirit in a very real way as though He was honoring my humble act with His presence and He lifted me up.  He gave me words of encouragement for my family and for Don and I.  I just love the LORD.  I prayed for protection, wisdom, guidance and provision.  "Down" is a very exciting place to be!

We are so blessed.

No comments: