Saturday, June 27, 2009

Can you hear her?

When Mama Trudy sat down to eat her breakfast this morning, I was sitting in the living room in the recliner reading my emails.  I watched her as she sat down and bowed her head. 

Thank the Lord that my camera was at my right hand, I reached and turned it on, making sure that the flash was off. 

Can you hear her, praying softly:  Dear Lord, thank Thee for these and all other blessings. Thank Thee for this new day and for the sleep, rest and protection that Thou hast provided through the night.  Bless my family, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren today, watch over and protect them.  Bless this food and these supplements to the nourishment of my body and my body for Thy glory. In Jesus name I pray. Amen. 

can you hear her praying?

I'm quite sure that will be the sweetest sound I will hear all day.

Note 1:  Mama Trudy grew up reading and still reads the very poetic version of the Holy Scriptures, the King James Version.  Thus, her prayers are very poetic  and reverent as she speaks with Thee's, Thou's, Thy's, etc.  I dearly love to hear her pray and wanted to share, as best I could, this blessing with you.

Note:  I love it when good things happen without any planning on my part.  Please notice the rose in the picture in the foreground on the right.  In my haste to take Mama's picture without being noticed, I did not see the rose which is in a bouquet on a table between me and the dining area.  I could not have planned it any better.  If you don't know what the big deal is, check yesterday's blog, The Rose.

1 comment:

Tom and Sharon said...

Lavon, send me a message from your regular email account so I have your regular email address. We want to go to AZ next winter and since you will be back at sunscape we are considering making reservations there. What is your cell phone number?
Sharon