Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunny Sunday

We had a special treat here at the park for church this morning.  G.H. & Pat Sublett came and G.H. brought his squeeze box accordion and played for us as we sang and he also sang a special.  My brain took Sunday morning off, as I took no pictures of G.H. & Pat.  (Sometimes I worry about me.)  G.H. & Pat have been the chaplain at Sunscape RV Resort in Casa Grande, Arizona, for the last seven years.  He sure could play that accordion and sing.  Don says it's just not right that one man can do all three: preach, play an instrument and sing.... just not fair. :-)

Don's sermon this morning was from the story of the Good Samaritan.  It was really good and once again I gleaned something new from a familiar parable in the Book of Luke.  It was a message I needed to hear again.

After church, we walked next door to Odee's Barbeque  and had lunch.  Odee's makes the best homemade potato chips.100_6992  I am sure that drinking only lemon water does not offset the damage that this lunch has done to me, but I have learned that drinking lemon water is actually very good for you. Therefore, the last time we were at the grocery store, I was going to put a few lemons in the basket.... the sign said "Lemons $ .98 EACH"  What?? That's basically a buck for one lemon.  What happened to 5 for a $1?  I know it hasn't been that long since I bought lemons!  I just couldn't do it.  Now I'm thinking, "self, you should have bought the lemons and passed up the BBQ sandwich and chips for a salad."

100_6991  We stopped by Jimmy & Lucy's  and Jimmy was checking out a site where you can learn how to play songs on the guitar.  Then he started asking us if we could guess the names of songs as he gave us one word at a time clues.  It was fun!100_6995 Lucy spent most of the morning sleeping, but she was up this afternoon, feeling better and being more her normal, happy self.  Thank you for your prayers for her and please don't stop.  She's still requiring meds 4 - 5 times a day.100_6999These pictures are for Jimmy & Lucy's daughter, Charla... she wanted to see pics of their site where they're parked.  This is part of their patio and the flower's that Jimmy has planted.100_7003100_7005Lucy waves from the swing that Jimmy bought after they got here.100_7006  We go home for a few hours and I check my emails and read Bring the Rain.  Angie Smith is just about the best at writing her spiritual feelings (all her feelings are spiritual and I love that)... she's so transparent and honest.  You just have to read her post for today to understand what I'm saying.

We were back over at 7:00 for spaghetti dinner.  It was delicious, as always.100_7007Charla, Dad's waving at you.  Carol had 'asked' him to turn the fan off her, so he moved and turned the fan entirely on himself.  You know, he doesn't want to get out of the practice of being ornery.100_7009

I sure miss my Sunday evening chat with Snookie, but they're in the Colorado Rockies and their cell phone service is sketchy at best so we postponed until tomorrow night. 

Please say a prayer for Don.  He's still having pain from the shingles.  They sure are hard to get over.

Also, don't forget to pray for our troops, our nation and for Israel.  God bless you all and good night. 

No comments: