Thursday, January 24, 2013

Meditation

Kith and Kin

The next time someone tells you that Islamists and Christians and Jews are equivalent in God's eyes because they are descendants of Abraham, remember this:

Here is the actual reality…

Romans 6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s[d]descendants, but: “[e]through Isaac your [f]descendants will be named.8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as[g]descendants. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son.” 10 And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would [h]stand, not[i]because of works but [j]because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, “The older will serve the younger.” 13 Just as it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Amen, Frank Maguire!  The beautiful part is the Grace that does include every Islamist and Jew, if they would believe in Jesus Christ.  We are not chosen because He decided from the beginning who He wanted and who He did not want. (God hated Esau because Esau did not follow Him, and God knew that in His Sovereignty.) We are Chosen, because we have believed. The whole world could be The Chosen because Christ died for all, but sadly, the whole world will not believe.
The  only place we are all equivalent is at the Cross.  What we do at the Cross is what separates us from each other.  Believe? Reject?  Everything changes at the Cross.  If an Islamist rejects Islam and accepts Jesus Christ, we are equivalent. But while he is still in his dark cult, he is not equivalent to me in Christ and his Allah is not the same as my God. (Just because a god is worshipped does not make it the True God. If that were the case, the worshipped Satan would be the same as God, my Father. Not possible.)

We must, however, never fall into pride in our knowledge of belonging to Christ. True Christianity follows Christ in the obedience of loving all.  That is our calling.

Thanks, Frank, for finding this scripture and sharing!!

To God be the glory!!

[Further meditation:

“Esau, I hated.” -- If this statement does not give you serious pause, something is wrong. I’m going to meditate seriously on this for a few minutes. 

How much does God love His Son, Jesus Christ?

Reject Jesus Christ and at The Great White Throne Judgment, you will find out.

“Esau, I hated” is the judgment that those who reject Jesus Christ will hear. Just insert your name in the place of “Esau” for a jolt of reality.

That would be the beginning of hell for me… to hear God vehemently declare not only that I will be forever separated from Him, but that He hates me. Just thinking this and writing it, makes my heart stop, takes my breath away.

Instead, I have joy and peace, because I will never hear those words: “Because you rejected the perfect, priceless, precious gift of grace provided to you by My Only Begotten Son, get out of my sight, LaVon, I hate you. I loved you so much that I created you, died for you and you rejected My Love. I now hate you as I hate the one you belong to.”

Gasp!

Can you just imagine hearing those words and seeing the look in The Father’s eyes? 

Oh, how grateful and thankful and blessed I am to know that I will never have to experience that judgment. All because I have accepted Jesus Christ and have chosen Him to be the Lord and Master of my life. I have been to The Cross and I am changed. I am a new creation in Christ. The One True God is my God and when He looks at me, He doesn’t see my sin, but He sees Jesus Christ whose blood paid for my sin and covers me as a snow white robe…. and all I did was believe.

I pray you never hear the words from God’s lips, “I hate you.” Please join me in faith, believing in the precious gift of Jesus Christ. Acknowledge that you are lost in sin and darkness without Jesus, repent, ask for His forgiveness and give Him your life…. all of it.  He will not disappoint you. Bam!! You are His and He is yours. Forever. It’s so simple. Don’t be an Esau.  Kick pride to the curb and humble yourself before Him, as a little child.

Romans 8 is waiting for you to read. Rejoice in it!!

I love you, too.]

Would love to hear your thoughts on anything I’ve written. Would love to hear from your heart.

No comments: